Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More forums been added since last here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    More forums been added since last here

    Good to see you added a few more forums since last I came.

    #2
    Yes, I think there's an optimum number now....
    Mark.B

    Comment


      #3
      Yes, it seems to cover what is needed for now using just a few forums for it.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by GTB View Post
        Yes, it seems to cover what is needed for now using just a few forums for it.
        In the unlikely event it takes off, I'll add more.

        Nothing worse than a site with dozens of forums, all with no content....

        I have handled the software-specific topics by using thread prefixes, styled with css.
        Mark.B

        Comment


          #5
          Yeah, having too many forums is overwhelming anyway I think.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by GTB View Post
            Yeah, having too many forums is overwhelming anyway I think.
            There's a lot to be said for only having ONE forum.....

            I know on my main site, almost everybody uses "Today's Posts", and I'm pretty sure most people have no idea what forum a particular thread is in.

            There's a good argument for doing away with individual forums, and just having one great big forum with thread prefixes. Then make the forum homepage Today's Posts....

            Didn't one of the free forum scripts once have a 'single forum mode' that basically did exactly that?
            Mark.B

            Comment


              #7
              I loved the way that old free forum software, that I used years back worked before the created stopped developing it any further. You could set-up the forum to run in single forum mode so instead of different forums being shown that you added. It just showed topics on forum homepage. Basically no forums at all was displayed and you only had the one forum added for it all.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by GTB View Post
                I loved the way that old free forum software, that I used years back worked before the created stopped developing it any further. You could set-up the forum to run in single forum mode so instead of different forums being shown that you added. It just showed topics on forum homepage. Basically no forums at all was displayed and you only had the one forum added for it all.
                Yeah that's the one...but which one was it?
                Mark.B

                Comment


                  #9
                  Can't remember the name of it now.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by GTB View Post
                    Can't remember the name of it now.
                    UseBB it turns out.
                    Mark.B

                    Comment


                      #11
                      That was it, UseBB.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X